Buying a home is an exciting time in one’s life. Making the smart move of choosing a REALTOR® is your first step to ensuring that your new home and community meets your needs. My services and experience range from financial aid to helping you find the home that best suits you and your family. I pride myself on repeat business and hope you’ll come to understand why.
- Assure that you see all the properties in the area that meet your criteria.
- Guide you through the entire home buying process, from finding homes to look at, to getting the best financing.
- Make sure you don’t pay too much for your new home and help you avoid costly mistakes.
- Answer all of your questions about the local market area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
- Check your credit rating. Straighten out any errors before its too late.
- Determine a comfortable monthly budget for your new purchase, including down payment and monthly payment.
- Find a loan that meets your needs and get pre-qualified (preferably pre-approved).
- Choose a REALTOR® that you trust and who understands your needs.
- Determine what neighborhood best matches your needs.
- Identify important features you need your new home to have.
Costs when Purchasing a Property
Attorney fees: $1500 +/-
Association fees/Common charges: Varies depending on complex and/or association
Interest adjustment: Prorated daily interest from time of closing to first mortgage payment
Home Insurance: $1200 – $3600 +/- escrowed one year in advance
Lender Fees: $200-$500 plus any points or additional appraisal fees
Recording Fee: $53 for first page, then $5 for each additional page per document to be recorded
($55 for first page of warranty deed)
Tax Adjustment: Buyer reimburses seller for pro-rated current tax
period Payment for one additional tax period will also be escrowed at the time of closing.
Title Insurance: Cost is based on purchase price
Title Search: $275 – $325
Utilities: Oil, propane – varies. Buyer is responsible for reimbursing the seller for the current
market value of fuel in the home’s storage tanks.
General Building: $1200 +/-
Pests: $250 +/-
Pool: $150 +/-
Radon: $100 +/-
Septic: $350 +/-
Water: $35 +/-
*NOTE: The estimates provided are intended as a guide only.Kim Gifford makes no guarantee as to the accuracy of the numbers provided. Please consult your attorney and individual service providers for an accurate quote.